Women and Families Center RISE Program is an after school program that engages high school youth (grades 9-12) in college & career exploration and community service through project-based activities.
- Responsible for the after school site management, youth recruiting as well as developing and facilitating enrichment/recreational activities.
This is a part time school year position, 20 hrs/wk, Tuesday – Thursday: 1:30pm – 5:30pm (program site hours) and an additional 4 hours planning and professional development. Position includes some paid time off benefits.
- Associates Degree in Human Service or related field preferred
- Three years of experience working with at-risk youth preferred; teaching experience preferred
- Outreach and/or youth counseling experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to engage and interact positively with youth
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Must acquire and maintain First Aid and CPR certification
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
- Bilingual a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires typical work operations and responsibilities such as but not limited to:
- Recruit youth (high school) and maintain enrollment
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments of youth participants
- Maintain accurate youth records
- Establish goals for each youth; complete annual evaluations for youth
- Plan lessons and activities, including group activities, guest speakers and field trips
- Assist youth with homework or other school day related projects
- Provide crisis intervention, short-term supportive counseling and case management for program youth as needed
- Assist the Program Coordinator in program development and operation
- Facilitate and assist with coordination of special events and other youth-oriented activities
- Report all accidents, incidents and information vital to the program to the Program Coordinator
- Maintain CACFP meal count forms and follow nutritional guidelines
- Develop and maintain relationships with youth parents
Interested candidates please send cover letter, resume, and educational credentials.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour