WFC Before and After School Program Policies
- Enrollment starts in Early May each year. Due to demand, each student needs to enroll every year. Check with us in early May for when the enrollment period will be opening up.
- WFC Before and After School program is located at three elementary schools in Meriden, CT: Nathan Hale, Casmir Pulaski and Hanover
- The morning program opens at 6:45am at all three sites. We have a flexible drop off in the morning from 6:45am to 8:30am. If you are dropping off after 8:30am, then they should just get ready to go to school.
- Hanover afternoon program closes at 5:30pm every day.
- Nathan Hale and Casmir Pulaski afternoon programs closes at 6:00pm every day except for Fridays, they close at 5:30pm.
- Tuition is based off of a sliding scale and we accept Care 4 Kids.
- To enroll your child, we need:
- Completed online application
- $30 non-refundable application fee
- Deposit which is equal to one week’s tuition and goes towards your child’s last week of care
- 3 current pay stubs to determine how much their tuition will be each week
- Your child’s health assessment form (physical and immunization records)
- And if your child has an allergy or asthma, we need a care plan and an authorization for medication administration.
- If you want to have automatic payment options, you can fill out one of these forms:
- Please download our Parent Handbook in PDF
- No summer program only when school is in session
- We do not discriminate. If there is an issue, please call our Program Director, Christina Mierzejewski at (475) 775-4902 ext. 1155
The afterschool program offers homework help, a nutritious snack, an activity and recreational time. Our activities are based around STEAM. STEAM activities are focuses around Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math.
If you need information, you can contact:
Christina Mierzejewski, Program Director (475) 775-4902 ext. 1155
School Closings and Delays
In the event of any inclement weather, natural disaster, etc that might cause a school closing or delay. Below are our policies for each event. This applies to all school locations. Note: If we are not open, then parents need to provide childcare.
A Delayed Opening
Morning care will open at 8:45am, and we will have regular afternoon program hours.
For Parent Conferences:
At 1:20pm, when students are dismissed, the after-school program will remain open until 5:30pm. Please be sure to make other transportation arrangements if necessary.
At 1:20pm, when students are dismissed, the after school program will remain open until 3:00pm. Please be sure to make other transportation arrangements if necessary.
There will be no before or after school care.
For more information regarding our WFC’s Before and After School Program please contact Christina Mierzejewski Program Director.