Before and After School
Policy for Picking up a child
Parents must maintain an up to date Alternate Pickup List. Parents are required to inform the program when there will be someone other than a parent or person on the Alternate Pickup List picking up the child. This person must be at least 18 years of age and present picture identification.
- If someone not on the Alternate Pickup List arrives to pick up a child and the parent can not be reached, the child WILL NOT be released to that person.
- If anyone, including a parent, comes to pick up a child and they are not familiar to the staff, the staff is required to ask for identification.
- If any information on the ALTERNATE PICK UP LIST changes, the parent must inform the program in order to update information in the child’s file.
- Parents (or other authorized adult) must sign the child in and out each day.
- Person picking up must be at least 18 years of age, and have a valid ID.
- There is a late fee of $15.00 for every fifteen minutes, or part there of, that a parent is late picking up his/her child. This fee must be paid before the child returns to the program. After three late pick-ups, a meeting will be held to develop an action plan. If the child continues to be picked up late, it may result in termination from the program.
Hours of operation vary depending on school location. Nathan Hale and Pulaski hours are 6:45 am to 8:45 am and 3:20 pm to 6:00 pm (Fridays only 3:20 pm to 5:30 pm). Hanover hours are 6:45 am to 8:45 am and 3:20 pm to 5:30 pm.
I have read the POLICY FOR PICKING UP A CHILD for the Women and Families Center.