Women and Families Center has a temporary opening for a Youth Housing Navigator.
This is a temporary part time position expected to end in January 2024. Hours for the position will be Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 8:30AM – 4:30PM. Salary is $17.00 per hour and does not include benefits.
- (Re)connect youth with family members, if deemed appropriate by the client.
- Assist clients with paperwork and documentation, including benefits, additional housing interventions, etc.
- Conduct age-appropriate intake appointments.
- Conduct CAN appointments.
- Develop individual housing plans with youth by building rapport and trust.
- Empower and encourage clients to be change agents in their own lives by focusing on and building up their resiliency, strengths, and protective factors.
- Guide clients through the housing response system, including providing options for obtaining permanent housing.
- Respond to emergencies and crisis situations, implementing appropriate protocols.
- Provide support and assistance to residents as needed.
- Collaborate with staff members to maintain a positive and supportive environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high-pressure situations.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Knowledge of HMIS a plus.
- Familiarity with motivational interviewing techniques.
- Experience in crisis management is a plus.
- Associate degree preferred. A minimum of one-year experience in social services is required.
- Availability to work nontraditional hours to meet client needs as needed.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
- Lived experience with homelessness preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle required.
- Familiarity and experience with service models such as Positive Youth Development, Motivational Interviewing, Housing First, Harm Reduction, and Trauma Informed Care preferred.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, resume, and educational credentials.