WFC is seeking a Head Teacher to oversee the daily operations of its S.T.A.R. (Science, Technology, Arts & Recreation) Before & After School Program site at Nathan Hale Elementary School.
The S.T.A.R. Before & After School Program exposes children to many forms of art and fields of science, requiring them not only to use their imagination, but also rely upon their growing knowledge of math and technology. Literacy is also promoted through a series of reading and writing enrichment activities. Health and Wellness lessons are also incorporated into our curriculum throughout the school year. Students participate in team building games and learn how to make healthy life choices.
Start Date: Immediate
Position: Full time (35 hours per week) school year position; $16/hr plus benefits.
- Maintain site according to State Licensing Regulations and accreditation standards.
- Recruit families to program, and maintain enrollment.
- Develop lesson plans (including developmentally appropriate programming).
- Interact with children at all times, using developmentally appropriate practice.
- Maintain accurate records for children and team members.
- Associate’s Degree preferred. Or high school diploma + 12 ECE credits and 3 years of experience in education.
- Must have or be eligible for Connecticut Head Teacher Certificate (school age).
- At least 1 years of formal work experience with young children in a school setting.
- Supervisory experience preferred; positive outlook required.
- Must acquire and maintain First Aid and CPR certification.
WFC offers a generous benefits package: health; dental; life and long term disability; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; 401K employer match; discounted child care for employees children; and tuition reimbursement.