WFC Sexual Assault Crisis Services Program is seeking a Bilingual/Bicultural Counselor Advocate. This is a full time hourly position and does include benefits. The position generally works 35 hours per week and may be required to work additional hours as organization demands require. Position requires a flexible schedule, including some evenings, holidays, and weekends as required to perform job duties.
Provides support and advocacy for Latino and Spanish speaking victims/survivors of sexual assault, and provide training and education on sexual assault issues.
- Bachelor Degree in human service discipline required
- One-year experience in sexual assault field or two years of professional experience in human service field required
- Counseling experience preferred
- Ability to work well with diverse populations required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience in sexual assault crisis intervention desired
- Fluent in oral and written Spanish and English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Must obtain and maintain certification as Sexual Assault Crisis Counselor required
- Substitutions Allowed – Applicants who do not meet the qualification as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibly of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position requires typical work operations and responsibilities such as, but not limited to:
- Provide coverage for both the Spanish and English 24-hour hotlines, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Assist in the development and implementation of outreach material to target Latino clients.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Spanish speaking volunteer base for the Spanish Response Team.
- Provide crisis intervention; legal, medical, and police accompaniment; and short-term supportive counseling for survivors of sexual assault and their loved ones.
- Assist in the development of education programs, volunteer training, and in-services.
- Coordinate and facilitate support groups.
- Arrange or provide court advocacy, preparation and accompaniment for survivors and their loved ones.
- Assist in outreach and networking, including representing program at relevant meetings.
- Assist the Director of Sexual Assault Crisis Services in program development and operation.
- Uphold all obligations of mandated reporting.
- Additional related tasks as requested.
For immediate consideration interested candidates should submit resume along with cover letter which includes educational credentials and contact information for 2 professional references.
Job Type: Full time
Pay: $18.00 per hour